1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clutch

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by carl1124, Jul 15, 2003.

1. carl1124

carl1124 Junior Member
    from oregon

What clutch do I have. I want to change my clutch and don't know what clutch I have is 11" or 11 7/8" or 12" I have a 3/4 ton 1973 Chevy eng.5.7L v8 350 with 3 on the floor and 1 low gear.

2. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

The best thing to do is to take it apart then measure what is in there, especially if your parts store says there could be 2 sizes used in your application .

3. snowjoker

snowjoker Senior Member

Welcome to Plowsite :waving:

4. wyldman

wyldman Member

It could be an 11" or a 12".11" was normally used for light duty and I6 applications.You should be fine with a 12" unit.I do believe they interchange,as long as you have the matching pressure plate.They all should have a 1 1/8" 10 spline input shaft hub.

Whatever clutch you get,go with a new complete unit,with new clutch disc,pressure plate and release bearing.Stay away from rebuilt stuff.