1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clutch problems (sm465)

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 85w/350, Oct 17, 2001.

1. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

I have a 350 backed by a sm465 on a 4wd full size 84 blazer....Lately the clutch assembly seems to have loosened up...it rattles badly at almost any speed even at idle the engine vibrations make it rattle....its loose in all directions almost an inch of play side to side about the same fron to back. In checked the rod up under the dash and the bolts are tight however the clutch has some play.....any idea's? If i remember right a few guys on this board have standard trannies and might have encountered something of this sort! Thanks for all advice!
  2. Power mad

Power mad Member
    from Oregon

There is a plastic bushing that wears out.
    My clutch pedal is fine but the brake pedal is realy bad.
    One of these days I am going to take it apart and replace the bushings.
  3. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

In my case that bushing may be gone if its anything like a spacer or washer.....I can see the gap along that rod and i can tighten all I want and it just doesnt get any tighter than waht I managed the other day....where would I go about locating another one or is teh hardware store the best bet after i remove the assembly?