1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CLUELESS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Grasscape Inc, Jun 25, 2000.

1. Grasscape Inc

Grasscape Inc Junior Member

All my customers want driveway plowed, steps cleaned etc. I cant keep saying no<br>How much is the going rate for a plain ole residential driveway, 2 car garage?<br>How much snow before you guys head out?<p>----------<br>-grasscape<br>

2. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Well min amount to plow depeneds on location.<p>I am from maine, its like 3 inches here for residental.<p>Cost is like 25 dollar min, per push.<p>I charge XXX amount for the season.<p>Where are you located at if you are in maine or close to it i will give ya more info. Only if you are like in Conn, Dino can give ya much better info than i could ever dream up.<p>Geoff

3. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey Grasscapes-<p>We're in west MI., and its pretty normal here for a city driveway to go for $20 per push. Most folks go with a seasonal contract, and those averaged about $185 to $200 before the gas prices shot up. Most of the contracts are at 1 inch or more, but some of our customers prefer only 3 inches and up, especially the &quot;per push&quot; customers.<p>There is a snowplow contractor behind every bush here, however, and that keeps the prices down somewhat. Anything more than a short two car driveway will be more than that for the seasonal accounts, and in the country where I spend most of my time the annual contract would be more like $300 and up. The drives tend to be much longer outside of town, and drifting becomes a factor even without significant snow.<p>With a pull plow and lots of close contract jobs in a suburb setting, there is potential to do about 5 an hour or even better if your route is well planned, so its still possible to make money at it.