1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Closing deal on this 150...do I need to beef it up?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by jkopp, Dec 6, 2007.

1. jkopp

jkopp Junior Member

I've got the deal wrapped up on this 150....going to go in tomorrow and sign after i "sleep on it".

I am considering putting a suburbanite plow on it. Will I need to beef up the suspension? If so, which route should I go for beefing it up? I like the current height of the truck now....wouldnt mind it if it's a lil bit higher ... just want it level with or without a plow on it.

I've been covering these boards for the past 48 hours like it's going out of style .... thanks for all the awesome help!

Also ... what do you guys use for light behind your truck?

2. TEX

TEX Senior Member

how about some timbrens

nice truck
  3. jkopp

jkopp Junior Member

do i want them on the front only or all the way around? do they add any height(i wouldnt mind a bit more height)?
  4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Man if your only goin with a suburbanite plow, i would say dont even bother with timbrens or beefing up the front at all. Those plows are only like what 250 maybe 300 lbs. That F150 wont even notice the weight, dont waste the money if you dont have to. Have the plow put on and see how you like it, i really dont think the front will drop at all. If you were going with a 7 1/2 ft midweight or maybe pro plow i can see beefing up the front.

What type of plowing are you gonna be doing? That truck can handle a bigger plow if you need it, dont let that western quick match thing scare you away front a bigger plow. Real nice truck by the way.
  5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I would defentially recommend a 8' plow... any manufacturer... Sure you are saving a little money now, but it is well worth it... Can can easily hang a 7-800 lbs plow off that truck
  6. jimhoff

jimhoff Junior Member
    from Alaska

autospring levelers
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

if ur going to be doing alot of plowing take off the tailgate or when u pick the plow up u wont beable to see anything over the gate. if u test drove this thing u probably noticed that wasnt a ton a visability over the gate as it is. i have the plow prep and 8500 gvw so i probably have alittle tougher springs then u. and i am looking in to a set of timbrens
  8. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

that truck will hold a surburbanite just fine.
  9. VBigFord20

VBigFord20 Senior Member

On my 04 F-150 I have timbrens in the rear (mostly for towing) and I put a procomp 2.5 spacer up front (mostly to clear bigger tires) but for plowing this seems to work perfect with my Boss 7.6 poly. The truck drops maybe an inch and drives like its not even there. Plow is about 550lbs installed.
  10. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

axle ratings are important.
  11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Snoway canprovide a 7'6" 26 or 29 seriew for that truck. Why put a toy on it instead of a real plow.