1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Close up PICs of 2011 Superduty !

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Eyesell, Jan 21, 2010.

1. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Was at the NAIAS last week and took some close up pics of the new 2011 King Ranch. This was a Diesel model, you can see close up pics of the new diesel in my other post.

Note the UREA filling cap, the guy who desigend the new Diesel said the truck holds 5 gallons, it sells for about $2.00 a gallon and will last about 10,000 miles, so not bad.

He said the only problem they are having now is deciding what to do if you don't refil the tank. The truck will run now without it but it's a big violation of Mr. EPA. He did tell me there will be a warning when you have 50 miles worth of UREA left, after that they are still deciding. Large SEMI's going forward will completely shut off if the UREA tank is not filled.

He said Ford will not do this, but needs to come up with something.

Check out the lit running boards, pretty sweet, also the leather seems heavier than previous....center concole is a nice improvement as well, IMO

2. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Some more....You can see where you fill the UREA, they also added Locking Fuel caps as standard equip this year. I know it's going to be a while before you can get a Chrome Filler Cover, not sure how a square one would look anyway..

3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Here's a couple of a Dewalt truck they had, very cool !

4. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Last one, Bill Ford Jr. and I at the Black Tie night, pretty nice to talk with him one on one, nice guy !

5. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

They can keep it. Looks terribly expensive, and the EPA has ruined people from wanting a diesel I know I dont want one now.
  6. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

wow, beautiful pieces of equipment...im sure with a nice price tag as well.

The dewalt truck must be 80+$ setup
  7. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

How did you manage to get into the black tie event?

Of course its expensive, its a brand new truck isn't it?? So will a 2011 Chevy or 2011 Dodge.... Yes, we can thank the EPA for the whole Urea thing! F--kers :gunsfiring:
  8. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Ill keep my 6.4... But I do like the new center consul :}
  9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You trading in your 2010 already?
  10. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

I like the 08-10 style better- never thought I'd say that. I think if you run out of UREA you can just pee in there couldn't you?
  11. tuna

tuna Senior Member

What the hell is urea?
  12. ajslands

ajslands 2000 Club Member

dood wth you ruiend the auto show for me!!! GRRR.

jk iam going saturday, cant wait to see it in person.
    do the 2011's have the old geazer step on the back too?
  13. plowguy43

Basically amonia
  14. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

No ammonia is a compound made of nitrogen and hydrogen, urea is a compound made of amine and carbonyl.
  15. plowguy43

So can you pee in the tank or no?
  16. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

No lol. It is a liquid solution of urea and de-ionized water. Supposedly it cuts down on the ammount of polutants coming out of the exaust.
  17. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

That Dewalt truck is ridiculous in a awesome way. Thats my next new truck (2011 F350 diesel srw xlt). I was going to get a left over 2010 but I like the new changes. I still think Ford stole an idea from me,lol. One cond place we do has a owner and his daughter is an engineer for Ford and I gave him the idea for heated convec mirrors instead of just heating the top mirror and 3 years later its standard! They could at least give me a new truck for the great idea :D
  18. plowguy43

Next time patent your idea and you'll get paid.

Sounds stupid but when I was in 8th grade I remember telling my dad that I wanted to invent lights that would turn with the steering wheel of the car- so if you turned right, the lights would angle right so you could see around a turn. He still remembers it to this day since I always slam my head against the wall when I see the new Lexus commercials showing all of their Cars with headlights that turn...Could've been a millionare.
  19. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Not to add insult to injury, but the new Lincoln's have them too! But don't kick yourself too hard because drawing up a patent can be a long and difficult process. Unless you have every "I" dotted and "T" crossed it is very easy for someone to get around your patent. A lot of the times that is why you see the same technology on different companies products...not because it was purchased but because they found a loop-hole.
  20. plowguy43

I guess I should start working on that engine that runs on water patent then....