1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Close together drives

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I am bidding on a property that has 16 drives very close together. I could do them all in about 1-1.5 truck hours and about 2 man hours shoveling. If I use my hourly rate for drives, it would come out to about $10/per. That seems low, but I could make money doing them still. How would you guys bid this one?

2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

Having a dense route is how you become more profitable.

Are these individual drives your pricing or a home owners association?

3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

I don't see $10 as being that low. Look for a new way to plow without using the truck!

4. Brant'sLawnCare

These drives are part of an HOA/condo assoc. It is a gravy account, so I want to get it, but don't wanna be a low baller or leave money on the table.

5. Brant'sLawnCare

Well these accounts are up in Kewaskum, so a truck would be fastest to get there. Otherwise a blower on a skid or tractor would be nice.

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Give them a seasonal price.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

That's what they want for mowing and plowing. I just try and break everything down though.

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Look at each one of them and figure out a price them just add up the totals.

9. Brant'sLawnCare

Just sent them my bid. Thanks for the help! Thumbs Up We will see what they say. I bid it high to make it worth my while. But I wouldn't mind the mowing work.