1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Close out sales for V boxes?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Looking around for next year already and looking hard at a V box, problem is (well, not a problem) but this time of year I would think companies would be having a end of season sale or something to that effect but the prices are the same as in November. Any one know of any companies having sales? The Fisher dealer still wants over 6k for a stainless 2yd V box, no thanks, that will buy one hell of a liquid system.
  2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Brian, most of the suppliers ( mfg's ) built to a pretty tight schedule this year so surplus supply is not huge. They and the dealers know that with the current market conditions that prices are sure to rise for fall delivery unless something drastic happens to fuel prices.

Most of them will sit on in stock units knowing that they can sell them for over current pricing in the not to near future and still sell them below new stock coming in.

That said I guess the used refurbished Air-Flow SS at $3800 is just too much $$$$$$$$$$$

3. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

Make them an offer in June. And watch the papers/internet for used ones.
  4. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Hey J, Hows it going? I'm still in a "quandry",lol. I was getting bulk and just using the 1000 and it works great but climbing in and out, shoveling etc is kinda a pita! I hooked up with a guy who only uses liquid and it seems to work well but I'm tired of relying on suppliers that sell to you and at the end shut you off when its most needed. But to run liquid, I need to get a 3k-5k holding tank to the tune of 3-5k so I dont run short and a nice system at around 1500.00 for a gravity feed.
  5. 08F3506.4L

08F3506.4L Member

If you are interested I have a 3 year old airflo for sale. 2yd. Good condition. Looking to get 2800 for it. Located in Western Michigan