1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Close Driveways

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by TravelMug, Jan 2, 2009.

1. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

This is my first winter plowing and I just bought my house this year. My driveway is 700 feet long with a curve at the end, pretty much like a J shape. I’ve plowed it a couple of times but I am just curious. To the south of my entrance is another driveway and I’ve pushed my snow up against where the commercial plower has pushed my neighbors. I push most of it to the other side but I really just did that so he doesn’t push it too far and I can’t use that area. Do you think he will have a problem with that?

[​IMG]

2. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

I really doubt it. Have your property surveyed with flags. He'll get the hint.

3. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

Is the spot where you pushed it on your property?? If so, then he should have no problem at all,,, and if he does that's his problem... it's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like there should be lots of room anywhere for snow..

4. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

None of it is my property. I have a legal right of way and the property lines are very well marked. To be truthful most of the snow is on his land which is why 75% of the snow I push to the open area and I do my best to keep his side clear. I have permission from the landowner that I have the right of way through to push the snow onto his lawn as long as I don’t take grass up (which I’ve done well not to). I just didn’t expect the commercial plow driver of my neighbor to push the snow where he did. So far there has not been a problem I just don’t want one.

5. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Well...You could always just ask the guy. Providing that it doesn't create a major inconvenience to the other guy, you could try and explain your scenario, and that you just want to be able to work w/ him and not against. A little communication and courtesy usually goes along way and can stop a war before one is created. I know that it does w/ me when I have two commercial lots where the pile area is shared. Like I said, if the other isn't experiencing too much inconvenience than it's just a matter on not feeling disrespected, which is IMO where most problems occur. If your both on the same page than the other isn't trying to guess or counter what the other is doing...my 2 cents.

6. TravelMug

TravelMug Junior Member
    from Maine

You're definately right about that, and being the newest family there I really don't want to cause any problems.