1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clogged tail gate salter

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by snowbiz007, Feb 5, 2010.

1. snowbiz007

snowbiz007 Junior Member

I have a Fisher 2000 tail gate salter and when I use a finer salt (from bags or bulk) it tends to clogg up. Has anyboby come across this and do you have any suggestions that might keep this from happening? :)

2. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

I ran a model 1000 for 4 years and the only time I had a problem was if the bagged salt was wet. are you transporting with the hopper full? or running a vib while not salting? if so these are compacting the salt, also you may need to tighten the set screw just under the motor housing you might be slipping the belt.

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Do a search on "Salt problems!!" There 's a thread there about this... Sorry I haven't figured out how to post a link to a thread or i would've.

4. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

click in the bar up top when your on the page you want to display the link of, when everything is highlighted hit control "c", then go back to the page you want to enter the link and hit control "v". I usually just have 2 seperate windows open side by side so I can do this quickly.

5. EXTREMEV

EXTREMEV Junior Member

a vibrator will solve your problem with wet mix.