1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clogged 36" Ariens

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by odd1or2even, Jan 8, 2009.

1. odd1or2even

odd1or2even Senior Member

Last year I have 2 miles of sidewalk to snow blow. I have 2 - 36" Ariens blowers (one with 13HP other older with 12HP). The 12 HP blower worked without a problem and did not clog with 3" of wet snow. However, the newer one (probably 3 years old or so) use to clog up every 100 feet or so. What should I check for to fix? I'll obviously look for a belt that's worn and as it's worn it will slip when the blower is under pressure. But anything else? Thanks

2. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

I think you'll need to look at both belt and control cable adjustments. they will both stretch out on a new machine and require adjustment after a few uses. The one that clogs is probably the belts worn/ stretched beyond proper adjustment range. You'd best go to Ariens' website and download the operator manuals, if you don't have copies. You would just need your model and serial numbers and plug them in somewhere on their website.
  3. snowblowertruck

snowblowertruck Member

I'm sure this sounds like a no brainer, but make sure the operator is running the machine at it's highest rpm's. Especially if it's wet heavy snow. If your shoot is rusty or has any resitance on the surface that the snow slides against, this reduces your machine's ability to throw the snow away out of the shoot.....causing it to clog. If there is any scale or rust you can wire wheel it and then apply a friction reducing paint (I've seen such paint at tractor supply). Hope this helps.