1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clock setting

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by The Boss, Oct 28, 2003.

1. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys! My girlfriend has a 93 chevy 1500 4x4. We can't figure out how to set the clock(kind of embarrasing!) Can anyone help?
    Thank you!
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

If it's the same as my 90' turn it off (the radio that is) Press & hold set then use the seek &scan buttons.
  3. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Does the stereo look like this (see attatched pic)? I'm not sure how long they used these. This was on my 89 silverado. I don't have it anymore, but I this is how you do it: with the stereo off, hit the SET button. Use the SCAN to change hours and SEEK to change minutes (maybe its the other way around?). I think that's how you do it, but I may be wrong.

Hope that helps

4. The Boss

Thanks guys!!! I'll try it and let you know.
  5. The Boss

I was able to set the clock based on what you guys told me to do. Thanks alot!

POWERBAND Member

Radios and new Chevys

I was told that on the new Chevy P/U's if you disconnect the battery the radio will not work until a special code is entered "by the dealer". A garage owner I know told me GM is not anxious to release this info even to the truck owner!
    There is some kind of "passive theft deterrent" system that cuts out the fuel pump if you mess with the electrical while the key is out and you supposedly again have to enter a code .
    I have a new 04 1500 and the seatbelt/key warning BING-BING... comes from the left door speaker. I have the basic W/T with no PW-PDL or alarm.
    Anyone able to explain how the radio interfaces with the warning processor.
    Do they feed the radio a data line or an actual audio input. I'd like to disable the door ajar warning so I can get out of the truck wwhile its running to check load or plow without the BING_BING... .
  7. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

The part about disconnecting the battery as far as I know is not true. I just put my backplow on my 03' and had the battery unhooked over nite(thats another story).... Heck i took the battery out one nite when the racecar wouldn't run and ran it in there,,then returned it back to the truck so we could go home. So I have no clue where u heard that from.

As far as the beep beep there may be a way to run the wires back to eachother to get rid of the sound or do what i do and turn the radio up when u get out :D
  8. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

YUP...The door chime and key buzzer 0n
    03-04 GMs DO run thru the radio.
    NO WAY to disable them.............
    But read your owners manual...There is a
    way to turn the volume on them either
    higher or lower...........thats it !

The 99-02s ( I believe this is the same for
    03-04s also) you can program a 3 digit PASS
    number in the radio itself so they won't work
    if removed from your truck OR installed in
    another truck w/o the PASS # erased first!

TO tell if the PASS # on your 99-02 is enabled.
    Look near the volume knob, there is a little
    "bump" which is a lamp. If it glows the PASS
    system is enabled. If NOT your PASSLOCK
    system is NOT working because the "code" is
    not yet programmed into the radio !

The owners manual will tell how to program it.
    If you are not the original owner and don't know
    the PASS#......ITs off to the stealer to lay down
    some $$$$ to change it!:( ..........geo