1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Client complains that they wont pay for salt on a Saturday, THEN...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowDozers, Dec 20, 2006.

1. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

2. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

3. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

aslong as you don't want to lose the customer and didn't sign any contracts, etc... covering non confedientiality

4. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

ANd they really wonder why there is so much opposition to 'replacing' the SBT revenue that will be 'lost'.

I love my country, but can't stand my government. Bunch of crooks.

5. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

Good point, but then again if they are not paying is it really a "customer". Even if by some miracle chance there is a confidentiality statement in the contract, I would consider the contract null and void for non-payment.

6. SnowDozers

SnowDozers Member

This customer is like one of those ones in the recent SNOW article. Always want you there first thing, but don't want true service. You would think an agency with that much elderly foot traffic would want salt every storm. NOPE.

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You can bet if these people that are ripping us off were there on Saturdays, they'd want it salted.

8. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Senior Member
    from Mass

True. They could get salt stains on the cuffs of their pants and then expense the dry cleaning.