1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clicking sound under hood...plow does nothing

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by axl, Dec 18, 2009.

1. axl

axl Senior Member

We picked our 810PP up from the yard last night and everything worked. Played with it when we got home, everything worked fine. Went in the house for about 30min and when we came back out to move the truck nothing worked. Every time we hit a button on controller or on the plow you could hear a clicking sound from the engine compartment???

Sometimes you could see a spark from the mount???

We recently painted the mount and wired the truck

2000 810PP on a 2001 f250

Any suggestions?
  2. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

you need a new plow solenoid most likely.
  3. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Could be solenoid ? Or the plug, is it the single plug style , or 2 ?
    Maybe the installer should take a look at it.
  4. axl

axl Senior Member

It was bad ground connection, problem solved
  5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

I'm the one you spoke to today about Devins' plow
    Good to see you got it fixed.
    You're welcome for the solution!!!
  6. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 Senior Member

P.S. If you were seeing sparks, you should pull the ground wire off the plow side and clean it up, and/or add another ground wire from the ground bolt back to the motor. That motor is only 3 seasons old, if I remember correctly. It is the splined motor though, which Blizzard hasn't used in probably 5 years, so it's not always easy to find. The plow you have is a 2000 year model, with the extra cylinders in the wings, so you have 4 extra hoses over the newer 810's.

How's the red powdercoat holding up???
  7. axl

axl Senior Member

Oh no kidding, thats awesome! I wish u guys were closer to me or I was closer to you. That was my brother you talked to yesterday. Our local dealer said he couldnt tell us anything without seeing it so I am really appreciative of your help.

I would love to know more about Devin's blade, it is our first Blizzard. What is the diff between the splined motor and the other type of motor? Any benefits or implications of having the extra cylinders in the wings/extra hoses?

Powder coat looks great still, the red matches our trucks.