1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clicking noise in left front

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by blublzr, Aug 5, 2008.

1. blublzr

blublzr Member

lately i've noticed a slight clicking noise that sounds like its coming from the left front. i dont notice it until i get rolling about 55 or above. i let go of the wheel and it stays straight , tire wear is normal , checked the torque on the lug nuts. i could not find anything. i did look at the tire/rim and didnt notice any weights on this rim. maybe the balance of this tire is off???. could this be a bearing problem , going bad , not enough grease packing??? any thoughts , im going on a trip this weekend , and would like to have this solved if there is a problem.

99 silverado(newer bodystyle) 5.3L , 2wd ,ext cab 8ft bed.

thank, Wil :confused:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you raise the truck and spin the tire on the suspected side? If not thats where you want to start. Be sure to check it for any in and out play as well. May be a wheel bearing on its way out.

Could also be as simple as a loose brake pad rattling in the caliper bracket at speed as well. Getting it in the air and checking it may tell you more.

3. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Ive been noticeing the same problem in my 1996 Cheyenne 3/4 ton truck. It seems to happen under the same circumstances.