1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

click noise

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by hotrod47, Dec 21, 2010.

1. hotrod47

hotrod47 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Plow was working intermitingly now it stopped , move the control and all I get is clicking from the solenoid , I jumped it out and still no movement just clicking (soleB]noid or motor problem?)

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

If you connect a screwdriver to the two big terminals on the solenoid, the plow motor should engage. You won't get any movement, just the plow motor.

3. RepoMan207

from Maine

Your Solenoid is shot, get a new one.

4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe it is...Maybe it also could be the motor..Maybe it could be the wires on the solenoid being corroded. Or just maybe, the controller might not be making a good connection at the plug...

Boy oh boy Repo........finally got one light setup figure out on that thread..If you and I were charging, we be broke....And yes, I had a snicker...........

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

LMAO, I just posted over there. I spoke with Rockland to confirm.

On this one he posted on my wall with results..