1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by mikelawtown, Nov 29, 2008.

1. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

So today i finally went to my Dads to pick up my min mt 1, (insta act) and just heard the click from the solenoid when all was hooked up..Lights went dim too. I took a hammer and gently hit the motor and then heated it up a bit, still didnt move...So i just kept at it and finally got it working..fluid was full also and i am just thinking since it has been sitting outside for 7 months it froze up wit ice or condensation..Is there a place around Lawrence/Andover /Methuen, mass that i can get it flushed at ? and someone who i can trust?..I know of a place in North Andover called winter products(maybe) anyone been there?..Thanks
  2. cundog77

cundog77 Junior Member

Franklin Motors on 110. In Dracut
  3. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

Im about 15-20 min from them too...Just didnt know if the were reputable..whats a normal flush and fill cost?..Thanks
  4. cundog77

cundog77 Junior Member

I have friends who have bought stuff from them and never had a problem. The couple times I've called them I was looking for used parts and they didn't have them, but have never heard anything bad about them.
  5. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

I would pull the motor and look/clean that too since that is probably where your problems lie. A new one is like $113 from CPW and quite easy to change. 2 bolts
  6. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

go over to the old western electric plant on osgood st n andover
    he's tied with langs in rye...seems like a good guy
    dont look for any deals as fisher has none.
    pretty easy to flush yourself
  7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If the motor wouldn't run then flushing the fluid isn't going to solve your problem as its the motor itself that was "froze" (wouldn't move), not the fluid...if is was in fact due to the motor, it could also simply be a poor power cable connection or a weak under hood solenoid. You either need a motor, an under hood solenoid, or a connection cleaned/repaired.

Of course the fluid flush wont hurt either. ;)