1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleveland, Ohio 2 inch trigger

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by FREDSKI, Oct 17, 2005.

FREDSKI Member

Hey Guys, I am new to snow plowing this year, I have a chance to put a bid on condo complex. I know how much I am going to charge them per push, but this is a seasonal contract, my question is approximately how many times would you say I would have to go out on a 2 inch trigger? Thanks for any input..:)
  2. greenpastureslc

greenpastureslc Junior Member

Looks like the average snowfall for your area is 55" per year. I would base the bid on 60" and go with 30 pushes.

You can use this link to see weather info for your areahttp://www.weatherbase.com/weather/city.php3?c=US&s=OH&refer=

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

condo's are tough, people always comming and going, tons of foot traffic, lots of little nooks or islands. make sure you include a PITA fee. I know they can be good money, but on the flip side what should take you 2 hours ends up more like 4 plus you still have to come back for clean-ups.

I plowed 31 times with a 2" commercial trigger last year, but only 11 for the 3" residentials.
  4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

It all depends on where it is. I get less snow here in Mentor vrs Mayfield where is seems like they get dumped on. I ave 13 pushes with a 2 inch trigger.....Rob
  5. mdd

mdd Member

we go by 15 pushes in parma
  6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I agree it all depends on what part of Clevland you are in.Some parts get a lot more Lake Effect then others.