1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clearlane

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PrecisionS&I, Aug 2, 2013.

1. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

What is a realistic number of pounds per/acre when using Clearlane.
    Looking to start using Clearlane this season just looking to get a realistic number. According to Cargill's website 20%-40% savings but that is a large span.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I think it would be hard to teach someone to put down less salt.
    The big advantage is it works at colder temps.

We've only used it on walks.

3. wizardsr

wizardsr PlowSite.com Addict

I find that we use a little less just because it starts working faster on the commercial lots in the overnight hours when you don't have the sun's help, versus using straight salt. 20% sounds about right, give or take depending on conditions. We run only clearlane any more, rather than straight bulk, since it's only $10/ton more, doesn't turn hard if left in the spreader between storms, and starts working faster giving us quicker results (and happier customers, lol).

4. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

My subcontractor loves it, he says he puts down 25% - 50% less,

But I doubt that,..... his lots are completely green

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  5. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

What prices are being quoted, I think it was like $90 a ton from a reseller, Cargill wont sell it directly

Happy 1,000th post to me

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

I think they're pretty accurate with their estimate. Worth the extra $$ for sure if you have a way to regulate the feed. Activates instantly and absolutely does not freeze or harden. I've had it in the hopper in the past literally till July uncovered and spun it out.

You guys would sh!t if you saw it..............I still have salt in one vbox actually, and its uncovered. Was slicer and is hard for the record lol.

7. bpersichetti

bpersichetti Sponsor

Contact Central Salt for pricing on bulk salt and bulk SnowSiicer - 847-608-8130

8. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

I used it in the past and did not see any reduction in usage.

I did like the fact that it didn't freeze and worked faster and at colder temps.