1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clearing my driveway yesterday after the blizard in Fargo

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MrCarlson, Mar 12, 2009.

1. MrCarlson

MrCarlson Junior Member
    from MM

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Nice video! That's what i would have done to!!
  3. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

that was great
  4. MrCarlson

MrCarlson Junior Member
    from MM

Since this is a pics folder, here is a pick of my plow truck thats in the video. Its a 97 F250 PowerStroke with a 9' 2" boss V plow on it. Has a tommy lift on the back that works well for ballast. Nothing super special but it definately gets the job done. I have a set of semi agressive Dick Cepeks on it that do surprisingly well in the snow.

This pic is from last year right after I put the plow on. Now it is mounted higher and I have air bags in the front so the plow doesn't sit so close to the ground on the sides.

5. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice truck:drinkup:
  6. Premier

Premier Senior Member

7. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

You probably could've made it through there by driving half as fast...that would've prevented all the snow from blowing onto your windshield.
  8. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

But it looked cool him going that fast. Slow&Boring vs. Fast and cool. I'd go with number 2
  9. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

slower?? wasent that slow? I probably would have hit it douple the speed he was going! no sence in plowing at 5 mph, we'd still be out there plowing if that was the case!! Nice work man, thats how ya get it done!!
  10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No offense, but some day when you have your own equipment you'll realize how ridiculous you sound.
  11. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

im not saying to hit a drift at 20mph, but what he did was not fast! it wasent fast at all. He hit that at the exact speed i would have.
  12. MrCarlson

MrCarlson Junior Member
    from MM

It looks a lot faster on video than it really was. I hit it hard enough to throw the snow that far because the drift was fairly hard and the sides of the driveway are higher than the plow is right now, so if I don't hit it with a certain amount of speed, it doesn't throw the snow up over the pile on the side. Kinda stinks, but the snow will be melting soon anyway so the problem won't last forever. When the sides of the driveway are lower I plow slower (I have never had the snow this high by my driveway before, hense my desire to record it).

Ironically, half of what I plow is visible in that video... the big boss plow is kind of overkill, but it sure beats shoveling ;-)

Anyhow. I hope everyone enjoys the movie.

13. randym99

randym99 Senior Member

Cool vid ,thanks for sharing
  14. TLB

TLB Senior Member

Great video !