1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clearing Driveways

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by xtremesuperduty, Jan 17, 2004.

1. xtremesuperduty

xtremesuperduty Junior Member

Hey guys Im starting to do some residential snow removal. I have a 4x4 atv with a 48" plow and a 24" 2 stage snow blower. I am just waondering if any one can tell me what a good price for me to charge for a say 100' x 10' drive. and how much shoud the price go up for the different amounts of snow. Also is it worth it to salt what do you charge for that ?

2. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

that driveway sounds like a 75 .00 or 100.00 driveway you cant just give salt away you would have to charge more

3. hoagie

hoagie Member

For a straight shot 100ft I'd probably charge around $50 for 3"-6"... maybe $65 if there's garages to drag out. 6"-9" it would increase by 50%. ($75) 9"-12" would increase again to $100. You get the idea.

You don't want to price yourself out of the game... don't lowball but be somewhat competitive.

For salt I usually charge around the same as a push.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2004
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

$100.00 according to my rates.payup

5. xtremesuperduty

xtremesuperduty Junior Member

thanks fo the info guys ... didnt know i fi should get as much for the atv plow as a truck plow.

Hoagie - nice truck , you have any more pics?

6. Crumm

Crumm Senior Member

I wouldn't think that it makes any difference what you use to do the job. The price is based on the final result--snow out of driveway. With a blower and 4-wheeler plow you may even be able to do a cleaner job around the edges than you could with a truck as long as you get it plowed before someone drives over it and packs it down.