1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clearing cars

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sven1277, Nov 18, 2014.

1. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have a 55+ facility that I've plowed for years. Its a seasonal contract but they sometimes take about individual owners paying extra for their cars being cleared. Does anyone else offer this service? How do you charge? What methods do you use to identify the vehicles to be cleared? License plates are usually covered. Thanks.

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I think you'd be opening Pandora's box offering that service. You can be accused of scratching the paint, breaking wiper arms/blades, etc.......

3. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Kindly turn that down, way too much to go wrong

4. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

I know there is a lot to go wrong with this but I have offered it for about 4 years now. I have never had a problem but I can see where one could definitely arrise. I started it when I was young and didn't think everything through. My sidewalk crew has always done it while doing my retirement community that I have had for years. It takes the crew no time at all and you can make a quick extra 10 bucks and It keeps the older people very happy. And I have noticed with the older community that if you keep them happy they will let certain things slide for you.

5. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

Most of them only have small cars and I tell them that we only use our arms so no damage will occur. I can clear a small car with my snowpants and jacket on like a sidewalk crew uses in under a minute.

6. elitelawnteam1

elitelawnteam1 Senior Member

The only way to eliminate any liability for scratches and damages is to use a backpack blower, I clean my truck off with one when it snows, they take a lot less time, effort, they clean everything off, and you don't have to physically touch the vehicle.