1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clearing and salting 44k parking lot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lqmustang, May 25, 2006.

1. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

Up to now all my plow accounts have been residential. I have been asked to put a bid on a church that has about a 1 acre parking lot. Very open, no islands or curbs. As I have done all residential to this point, about how much time would one expect to clear an average snowfall from this lot. 2"-3" would be average here. Also, about how much salt would be required to salt the same lot? Thanks in advance for any replies.

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

Depending on your plow and your capabilities I would say 45 mins to an hour. As for salt, I use about 800 lbs per acre, but my clients want a black wet lot by 5am the next morning.

3. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

the production rate is 1 hr for an 8'plow/acre with a 2"snow. the salt industry says you should use 300#/acre but we all use more than that. if they want it black, you should let them know that is easier to achieve if you pretreat before the storm. the snow and ice wont bind to the pavement. good luck