1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clearcoat on Fisher plow?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mkwl, Sep 25, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

I have got a Fisher splash decal to put onto my new (to me) Fisher plow. Anyhow, I have recently touched up the little bit of surface rust that was on the front of the blade when I bought it. My question is- is there any really good spray clearcoat you guys use on your plows after touching them up (I used the Fisher spray paint)? Should I spray it on before or after I put the decal on?

Thanks,
    Matt

2. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Bump..........anyone?:waving:

3. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Matt, of all the blades i've refinished, i've never cleared any of them. I'm not saying it cant be done, just want worth the extra $$$. As for the "splash", put it on before the clear if your going to clear it, this will help seal the edges of it.

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

I'm going to use clear coat on mine, probably something relatively cheap that just ads a little bit more protection to the paint that was just redone.

Question about your pain, how much was it per quart?

5. Big Dog D

Big Dog D PlowSite.com Addict

Fisher plows are not painted at the factory they are powder coated. Are you even shure that the clear coat will adhere to and interact well with the powder coat?

6. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

Powder coating is the way to go because when you scratch the plow, it wont bleed rust after.

7. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

its a plow.... oh well

8. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Can spray paint is soft, it has no hardener in it. It would be scoured off or pickup dirt or cloud. The solvent in the paint my lift the edge of the decal off the surface too.