1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clearance cab lights

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by MileHigh, Sep 20, 2010.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

Just installed some recon smoked led roof lights on my 04f250.

Thing is...they don't seem like there are as bright as they should be.

I have the ground in the sheet metal above headliner, and the power is spliced into the wire that turns the running lights on by the passenger side kick panel.

Any thoughts on this?..as I see other's roof lights light up much more than mine.

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

here are my recon cabs with leds, they are also smoked. they are a lot righter at night but its a little light out when i took the picture other wise the headlights would blare everything out, but sorry for the headlights they kind of take away from the picture alittle bit.

truck picture.jpg

3. MileHigh

thx..

can u take a pic of just the cab lights at night for me?

4. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

You said they are smoked... how bright do you expect them to be?

5. MileHigh

Brighter than what I've got going...

I've seen the smoked ones fill up completely with light...I've got 3 puss(y) dots in each light.:laughing:

6. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

If you haven't already, I would maybe try to hook into your main power wire to the cab lights only. So sounds like that would be that spot on the pass. side where you hooked in. Then try to hook them to a battery, obviously no more than a 12v. Basically just to eliminate the possibility of a drain of voltage that your truck would be causing the lights. Or being that they are leds, they could have a bad piece. I'm not terribly certain with this but I think there's some type of "Chip" with led's that could be defective and not let them get very bright. But I would check for a voltage drain first. Like I said, not too savvy with the LED side of things but that's where I'd start if I were you...

7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I installed the recon smoked LED's on my dodge and they were like 1/3 as bright as the stockers. More like a dot of amber vs the whole light being lit up. Didnt really bother me that much.

8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i will tonight when i get off of work, check back around 10 my bulbs were a little goofy, try wiggleing them around and see f they get brighter at all