1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clear Lane treated salt

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Landscape guy, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Landscape guy

Landscape guy Junior Member

Has anyone used Clear Lane treated salt , and could give their opinion on it or any info.Because suppliers will always say how great things are even if there not.tymusic tymusic
  2. K&L Salting

K&L Salting Member

Clear Lane

Good Stuff !!!!
    I used straight Salt for years and had problems with it. If it's very cold it would freeze in in the truck. When my local terminial started selling Clear lane they ask me to try a load. Boy I'm glad I did. It has never froze in my beds like salt does. I can load up hours before, so I am ready to go when the customers calls. One time I traveled over 80 miles at -15 and it still flowed out of the vbox, the orginial Clear Lane.
    I haven't noticed that I use less material per acre because it weighs more per/yd then salt.
    Mine is now stored inside. If the humidity gets high with warm temp the outside 2 inches or so will loose the coating. Just mix it a little before loading and it's fine. When I stored it outside under a tarp this did not occure.
  3. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Last year was the first time we used Clear Lane. It was used only on sidewalks. We carry it around in 5 gallon pails and never had trouble with it clumping. It does loose it's colour quickly and have gotten calls to make sure we are spreading treated salt. This salt is also a lot more consistent then regular salt. There is not a much dust or really small pieces.