1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cleaning up electrical wiring

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brian Young, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I've decide to clean up all the wires in one of our trucks. The interior is done really well, no real visible wires, everything is in a wire loom and runs along OEM wiring except for the salt spreader but its in a wire loom and tucked away. The problem I have is even though the diesels have 2 batteries I only use the driver side for all the connections. I want to run a bus bar but never hooked one up before and thats where I have a question. Do they simply bolt to the inner fender and obviously to the battery then attach all the connections or am I missing something. BTW I hate anything that has to do with electric and want to do it right so I dont have to fix something a month from now.
  2. wewille

wewille Senior Member

3. csi.northcoast

csi.northcoast Senior Member

you can go to your local auto parts man, they make a cradle for the standard auto circuit breakers , mount that in an enclosure and done... make sure you apply battery protectant on your connections