1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning the driveway, LS 7010

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NSDOT, Mar 19, 2015.

1. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

Late season storm

11070924_10155362307860436_6916257561748358779_n.jpg

2. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

You use that machine privately or is it a municipal machine?

3. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Details on that setup please.

4. dellwas

dellwas Senior Member

Nice to see another bluenoser that got lots of snow. I'm in Chester Grant, we got 72CM, which is roughly 2 1/2 feet.

5. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

It's my own tractor, a LS 7010C with a Pronovost blower with side chute, as you can see from the pic, and a Horst 9' angle blade. Second year for the machine and it's been the answer for this winter, have a number of contracts and lots of snow lately.

6. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

Where about in Cape Breton are you? What a storm eh we ended up going 101 cm (almost3.5 feet) in Sydney! I am some glad I bought a tractor with a blower this year especially this week

7. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

Big Baddeck, we didn't get that much the last storm, but still lot's for me! I think everyone ready for spring, can't believe they're forecasting 20cms tonight!

8. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

That 101 cm was between Monday and Wednesday morning, 60 Monday and 40 Tuesday over night. Spring can't come soon enough! As of now, they are calling for rain here, but who knows

9. Liberty LLC

Liberty LLC Member
    from NJ

Is anyone near Big Pond Ns. I have a family member that lives there but needs a tractor snow blower setup to clear it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  10. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

Sorry 150kms away, try AMD Landscaping, Sydney NS

11. mwhodder89

mwhodder89 Junior Member

I am about a 45 minute drive away. However my trailer is buried under about 5 feet of snow and that would be too long of a drive in the tractor. AMD doesn't run any tractors with blowers but they do run a kubota skid with a blower on it. If you email me their contact information, I can pass it along to Andrew at AMD and see if they can help you out

12. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

How many hours have you put on the 7010 and how has the dealer service been?

You see the odd LS7010 around here but just used on private properties, the ones I've seen the owners hardly use them, I know the dealer for them here will finance one for $215 bi weekly with 0 down. Comes with 4wd, cab, loader & 86" snow blower.

13. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

it's definatly been quite a winter here, thought i think you guys got it even worse then us in the valley... made a trip to halifax yesterday, what a mess

i've sure been glad to have my little t1530 new holland, and blower this winter

14. NSDOT

NSDOT Senior Member

I'm just at 500hrs, bought it in Moncton, dealer support is OK, just a little far away, but I knew that going in. I'm pretty pleased with the tractor overall.