1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning shop

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by hickslawns, Oct 13, 2006.

1. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Cleaning out some stuff that hasn't been used the last couple of years.

I have a 1979 Chevy 3/4 4x4 short wheelbase truck with a Western 7'6" plow. It has a 400 small block V-8 and is decent. It needs some TLC here and there, but everything works. It has a wooden flatbed and decent body. The body was redone but they never replaced all the body mounts. Rocker panels, cab corners, doors, fenders, hood were new, and not rusted (maybe a few spots here and there but no holes) and painted white several years ago. Still looks decent. Seat, door panels and dashboard cover have seen better years. Fairly new carburator. Does have an exhaust leak. Probably leaks some fluids, but haven't been under it recently to look. $2200 or best offer. I would not recommend driving it far as it has not been on the road for a couple years. It probably needs the brakes bled, but if I get the time I will do this.

I also have a Meyer 7'6" complete setup for a 73-87 Chevy/GMC. Pump, lights, controller, and I think I have the wiring harness. It is the fixed mount that stays on the truck. Has an E-47 pump with another pump disassembled for spare parts. These pumps are bringing $400 on ebay alone. The blade is fair to midland. Has a few rust spots which would be easily fixed. Could use some paint. $800.

I have the framework and hopper assembly from a SnowEx receiver mount salt spreader. The motor junked on us, and we couldn't get it apart without destroying it. However, if you backed yours into a pole, the metal framework and plastic hopper are great. $150 or best offer.

I can e-mail pics of any of these if interested. Don't ask me to post them on here. I am much better at property maintenance than navigating on a computer. Just send me your e-mail address. Thanks, Phil

Last edited: Oct 13, 2006
  2. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I might be looking to buy the truck and or meyers plow please e-mail me pics of both detailed pics of the truck would be great.
    thanks
    Ray
    rayf268@yahoo.com

3. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

73-87 fixed mount

Could you send me pictures of the fixed mount? I'd like to see how it mounts to the frame of the pickup.

Thanks
    Chris

4. Avery Landscape

Avery Landscape Junior Member
    from 5

5. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys. I took some pics of the truck, just need to get them down loaded and sent out.
    Lettereat-I need an e-mail address to get you pics. Thanks.

6. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

rayf268 and aavery- You both have mail.

lettereat- Get me an e-mail address and you to can have pics soon. Thanks

7. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

Phillip where are you at in ohio I am in fort wayne .

Thanks

8. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

What kind of shape are the tires . if the brakes are bleed would you feel comfortable driving it as far as fort wayne . I am only intressted if its in drivable condition.
    Ray

9. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

If no interest soon, these are going to ebay. Let me know.

10. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

salter

Could you send a picture of the salter to me, I bashed one a couple a years back, that I could use a hopper for.

Thanks

11. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

The truck is now listed on ebay. User name is hickslawns. I set the reserve much lower than my price for sale on here. I want it gone. Next to be listed will be the plow and spreader framework/hopper. Let me know if you have any questions or want pics. Thanks

12. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

does the truck have 4 wheel drum brakes, also do all the gauges work.
    thanks

13. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Ray-It is disc in the front, drum in the rear. I honestly do not know about the guages. Feel free to call my cell (419) 233-9339. Thanks, Phil