1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

cleaning line paint off truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by DBL, Feb 18, 2006.

1. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

dont know when but somehow i ran over some freshly painted lines and i cant get this yellow off anyone have any ideas or suggestions that can help???
    thanks
    tom

2. NEPSJay

NEPSJay Senior Member

Call Penn Dot and tell them what happened. They will make good on it. They fixed me up twice. I had yellow specks all over my new truck (still had temp plate on it). I went balistic. Its just a matter of talkin to the right person there but they'll direct you there. When did this happen? They arent painting lines this time of year are they?

3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

The paint will come off with enamel reducer. Saturate a rag and wipe it across the painted area a little at a time. Allow the material to soften and then rub it off gently. DO NOT USE ACETONE as it will remove both the traffic paint and what is underneath.

Once it is removed, wipe the panel with a clean cloth and then wax it if painted, dress it if plastic or rubber.

4. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

Had it happen once--used a bottle of cleaner wax and a lot of elbow grease!!!!--Best of luck