1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Equipment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by NickyBombs, Dec 9, 2005.

1. NickyBombs

NickyBombs Member

Hey guys,
    I was wondering how everyone else keeps there equipment clean. I was thinking of hooking up my pressure washer to a hot water line. Will this damage the pressure washer. It sucks going out to the local car wash when it's bitter cold.:waving:

2. VAhighwayman

VAhighwayman Senior Member

That will work...it does have it's pros and cons though..especially if your washing down wityh hot water and it's too cold...and you remember that lil star chip on your windshield? as you just heard it crack the whole length of your windshield..believe me...4 guys saying oh **** at the sametime..but the pressure washer will work

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

That will do fine. :nod:

4. danno

danno Senior Member

Make sure you do it where ice isn`t a problem on the road !

5. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

You can use cold water, it won't freeze if you keep the water running.

6. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

I suck it up and go to the car wash , I figure 5-10 of being cold = clean truck and plow and no mess at home.

7. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

For as long as i use my powerwasher i just run cold water thru it and flush it real good with some warm when done. Then i put in the basement so it wont freeze itself. remember the pump on the washer may still have water in it. dont leave it out or you will be buying a new one. My equipment was dirty as hell after last night and today. I like them when they are dirty that means im working. heh heh. But gotta get that salt off.

8. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

they make powerwasher antifreeze that comes in a can. It's got a hose nozzle on it and you just hook it to your water inlet. Squeeze the trigger and it pushes all the water out with foam antifreeze.

9. Dave Ott

Dave Ott Junior Member

Regular vehicle antifreeze or windshield washer solvent does the same thing.