1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning Control Selnoid Valves?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hobbyjeep, Jan 13, 2013.

1. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member

I replaced two solenoid control valves because they would not move (also replaced fluid). What is best way to un-stick these valves? I hate to throw them away if they can be freed up and reused. Anyone had luck doing this... and what are some tips.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

usualy u can just put 12 volts from a battery charger to them and free them up

3. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

see the western post and reply

4. hobbyjeep

hobbyjeep Member

I've applied 12 volts from a battery... no valve movement. Thinking soaking in a fluid of somekind may help but don't want to damage the oring seals

5. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

put 12 volts from a charger higher amps

6. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

If you have a 3 way valve with the end protruding out just push hard against a flat clean surface.
    Once it pushes in,spray with brake clean or carb cleaner, work the valve back and fourth a few times
    and re-clean.

On the other style for 3 and 4 way, find something to push against the inner spool valve,like a small screwdriver, and pushe in really hard, once it move do the same as above and save alot of cash.

Either way will take you 5 minutes

Bent or swollen stem, your SOL, replace valve.

www.snowplowpartswarehouse.com

Good luck SPW

7. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I never had any luck cleaning / making them work once they mess up.