1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaning 11 or 13 pin connector

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by camp61, Dec 23, 2013.

1. camp61

camp61 Member

Had a strange thing happen yesterday. Plowing a few driveways after our ice/snow/ice event and my Boss 8' straight blade decides to go all the way to the right even when I push the left button. Finished up the drive I was doing and headed home to figure it out. On the way home I tried it and it went to the left just fine. Long story short got home took apart the connection and it is corroded and wet. Short time fix was to blast it with penetrating oil (didn't have any WD 40). Worked like it should after that. Question is: what's the best way to clean this multiple pin connector. After I clean I will use dielectric grease.
  2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

good question, I always keep mine greased.
  4. mypolaris1

mypolaris1 Member

Never seen strike hold but I'd try anything once! I use a electric cleaner in an aerosal can. Spray down good, then go @ it with a rubber tip blow gun. Couple times of that all good. Same goes for the power/ground connection. A small amount of grease. I've ran into it attracting road grim. Yes I keep dust cap on.
  5. camp61

camp61 Member

Bought the spray cleaner and grease. Thanks all!
  6. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

CRC is a great electrical cleaner to.
  7. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Once you try Strikehold you will never go back to anything else,it's that good.The owner and inventor puts his money[and his life] where his mouth is. Check out the videos http://www.strike-hold.com/
  8. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Too bad their website can't even tell me where to buy their product. Brilliant.
  9. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

10. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

And the link for the dealer locator is where?