1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cleaned up the 06

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Cleaned up my "new" truck some and figured I'd grab some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

[​IMG]

The important part.
    [​IMG]

3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looking good!

What size tires are you running? Did you crank the t-bars at all? Reprogram from GM for larger tires?

4. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks great. Are you going to put a 2500HD thing back on the doors?

5. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

nice looking rig! long sum-*****!

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

They are 265 Goodyear Silent Armors. I put 2 turns on the tbars. Needs a few more but don't want to mess with the front end to much.

Nahh, leaving everything off. I wasn't even sure I wanted to leave the dmax badges but I like them so far.
    It's definitely long but I wanted to have some bed space left once I got done putting my toolbox and backrack on. It rides nice though with a long wheelbase.

7. Brandon29

Brandon29 Senior Member

Looks good but take the duramax badge off. lol

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

One minute I want it off then the next minute I like it. I'll probably end up taking it off. Maybe I'll put them on my pos s10 or something.:D

9. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Did you have GM flash the computer for the larger than stock tires? Did you have an alignment done for the 2 cranks?

Sorry for all the questions...

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

The tires were on it when I got it. I'm assuming no one recalibrated the computer. When I get efi live I'm going to have him set it for 285 tires since I'd like to run 285s on 17's spring-fall and then 265s on the factory 16's in the winter until they wear out then 235/85s. And no alignment with the cranks.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

It's definatly long. But I know a guy that used to plow with a Dodge 3500 crew cab with an 8' bed.

12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Dodges Crew cab isn't really anything more then an extended cab with 4 normal opening doors. At least that's how my friends cc/sb dodge feels.

13. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

He might be talking about a Mega Cab. They are huge.

14. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

WI temporary tags? If you dont mind me asking, what did that beauty run you? Are you putting a blade on it?

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You can't get a mega with an 8' bed unless it's been converted by an aftermarket company. Or if he was brave and did it himself.

The truck came from Lenz in Fond Du Lac so I got Wi temp tags. I'm close enough to the state line no one questions it. I'm putting a Boss 9.2 Poly V on it.

16. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

18. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I think your truck would be complete with some clearance lights up on the roof

19. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Ditto on the clearance lights. How was dealing with Lenz?

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Lenz wasn't to bad. I'd never dealt with a dealer before so I didn't know what to expect. My dad helped me out quite a bit and did most of the talking while I observed when it came to the paperwork side of things.

I want to get the factory led cab lights and harness GM is using on the 2010s and stuff. But its about $400 I believe.

I've got a whole list of stuff I want to do it yet. (copy and pasted from another forum where I typed it out in response to another dmax owner asking me what I had done and my plans for it)

So far all I have done is 4" turbo back straight pipe, airbox mod (kinda followed the ppe instructions), tint, and then my backrack, led lightbar, and toolbox. Sitting in a box here at the house I have SS tierod sleeves from MA, Transgo Jr shift kit, Allison deep pan, and EGR block plate. Waiting on trans fluid to get here from John Deere. And hopefully by the end of summer it will have factory led cab lights, tcase brace, Cognito leveling kit and other front end braces, 285 or 305 Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's on 17x9 black wheels, boost/pyro guages, and Efi Live with a DSP 5 switch from Nick at Duramaxtuner.