1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clean up the day after...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by PlowVA, Jan 23, 2005.

1. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Got 4 inches, wish we got what the northeast did!

Snow 003.jpg

Snow 004.jpg
  2. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

I don't. They can have the 2 feet of snow. That's loader work, not truck work.
  3. Razorman

Razorman Senior Member

I agree with you Boss 2 feet is a bit much for a truck. I"ll take the 2-4 inch snows they're easier to push
  4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

It was the 3 to 4 foot snow drifts that gave me a hard time :rolleyes:
  5. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

I don't mind any amount until it does start to accumalate in feet. Takes too long it seems.
  6. CamLand

CamLand Senior Member

Buddy thats the truth...
  7. crashz

crashz Senior Member

It wasn't that bad. The snow was light so the trucks pushed it fine. The biggest problem was finding a place to put it. Also to keep up with the storm the lots had to be pushed every couple hours. Which meant in one account we just stayed on site and keep doing the same things over and over again.
  8. Up North

Up North Senior Member

:nod: I agree.

PlowVA, glad you finally got to get out there. Did I see on another thread somewhere that you dinged up the plow already? If so hope it's not bad.

If anyone wants to come up here and take over my accounts for a week or so let me know...I need a break. So far in Jan. I've been out on the 2nd, 9th, 12th, 15th, 19th, 21st & 22nd. Finally got my own driveway plowed on the 23rd. :dizzy: I know, I know, I shouldn't complain. Just gets to be some long days when trying to work my full time job into the mix. Besides, it's been years since we've had this much snow, it's like the good old days again.

9. The Boss

Buck, if you weren't so damn far up there, I'd be on my way buddy. :nod:
  10. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I'm sure you would Boss. I'll be willing to get back at it in a day or two. My whole deal is I worry about my truck making it. It's only a 1/2 ton and she's gotten a big time work out so far. It's in great shape and I'm not having problems with it but I just stress out thinking I'm really pushing her to the edge and afraid she's going to just up and say...I've had enough. :salute:

I think this is the most snow we've had since 1996 or so, and we still have a couple months to go with March bringing the wet heavy stuff. Just cross my fingers and give er' hell!

11. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

Maybe For A Ford! LOL But 2 Feet for a DODGE ISSSSS NOTHING!
  12. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

My 90 k5 didnt have a prob with the 3 feet we got here.I plowed a 60 foot drive straight in 2 pushes, easy as a few wet inches. snow was very light and i got to charge triple payup :drinkup:
  13. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

The 18 inches we had was not to bad to push. I subcontract for the town and we plowed with the storm. The biggest problem was when all the homeowners came out and shoveled their walks and driveways back into the street.
    1 block at 8:30 was clear mailbox to mailbox, Came back at 1 and it looked like I was never there.
  14. The Boss

Not this ***** again. :rolleyes:
  15. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

that's when i bury em......those type piss me off :gunsfiring: :gunsfiring:
  16. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

My 2001 F250 With 8ft Blizzard Went Throgh The Snow As If It Was Butter Problem Was Finding Places To Put It

JB1LNDSCPR Junior Member
    from NY

Who ever thinks 2 foot of snow is loader work better come and live in central new york for a winter. You guys have no idea. If we had to use a loader nothing would ever get done in time for businesses to open. Its not like you let 2 feet fall and then go plowing. you stay on top of it.
  18. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

I could be wrong but Im pretty sure a loader could easily clear a lot faster then a truck. That is if the truck has only a plow and the loader a box.