1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clean Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Mark13, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Friend of mine and I cleaned up our trucks a few weeks ago. I forgot to post the pictures.
    His (2008 F250) was washed, clay bar, and waxed. Mine was just washed.
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Few of his truck, not bad for 152k on it:
  3. joey7599

joey7599 Senior Member
    from MA

Looks good Mark
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'll have to try and get some action shots of his pickup.

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

My buddys view: The clean trucks don't make any money LOL

My view: The dirty trucks can't be making anymoney cause buddy can't afford to wash them...

Both rigs look awesome!
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Man i miss having my duramax look like that! What did you use to paint your front emblem and what did you do to the front end? It looks like she's sitting up nice and high!
  7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

how you are liken the Spartan?????

8. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

He seems to be quite happy with it. Both he and his brother run it on their 6.4s and he's tuned probably a half dozen other trucks with it. It definitely makes his truck a pretty strong runner. It put down 634hp on the dyno a month or so ago, makes for alot of fun in a stock appearing truck.
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Both trucks came out great Mark. I realy like the wheels you puty on your truck.
  10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I painted the front emblem with whatever can of black spray paint I found in our shop. I think it was the $0.89 a can stuff from wally world.

As far as the front end goes, the tbars are just cranked to the max on the stock keys. It looked pretty good but my tires still rubbed some at full lock in reverse and it rode terrible and had some funky road feel to it.
  11. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

I cant wait to see that Ford push 700 on the dyno
  12. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice trucks Mark.
  13. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

The 08-10 Supers have grown on me, he been having good luck with the 6.4? How is yours holding up?
  14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

My friend is quite happy with his 6.4, 152k on it as of now and very few problems. Most of the problems he has had have been self induced due to large increases in horsepower and torque pushing the limits of factory components. As far as the motor and trans go, they seem to be built tough and take abuse well. I know a handful of people with the 6.4s and once they understand the truck and get good tuning on them and get rid of the emissions stuff their a reliable truck that can be alot of fun to drive.

Mine's holding up pretty well. Just put new ball joints, idler, pitman arm, aftermarket tie rods and steering braces in it this last weekend. Did both front wheel bearing assemblies this past winter. Front end was getting a little worn and I'd bent one or both of my tie rods a slight amount so I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea. Overall it's been pretty good, mostly just basic maintenance. My trans has some extra play in it and the steering gear box show's wear but I can't really complain to much. I'll have 90k on it here before to long.
  15. CGM Inc.

CGM Inc. PlowSite Veteran
    from Ontario

little tire shine wood make them pop even more! Looking good!
  16. Jelinek61

Jelinek61 Senior Member

Nice lookin trucks. Your chevy shines pretty good for not being waxed recently. Nice job.
  17. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

Your truck looks good, haven't seen it lately. Will have to get a personal look at the fair.
    What type of lights did you use for clearance? Are they aftermarket?
  18. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

I can't seem to keep mine clean, every time I wash it it rains the next day! I agree w/Stik though, I didn't like the '08-'10's at first but they are definitely growing on my and I really like the '11.
  19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Tire shine never came into my mind, seems to usually make more of a mess then anything.

It's been well over a year since it was waxed and even that attempt at it was pretty poor. She's do for a good cleaning and polishing up.

The roof marker lights are Pacer High Five lights designed for the 88-98 obs chevy trucks. They pretty much suck. They installed easy but I'm on the 2nd set of lenses in about 2 weeks of operation and they were out of commission for about a month while I waited on them for lenses after the original ones cracked within the first week. They sent me 5 new lenses, installed them and lightly tightened the screws down, all 5 lenses were cracked within 4 days. It almost seems like the bulb get's to hot and weakens the lense and they crack from the middle out towards the screw holes. My friend has installed about a dozen of their kits on superduty's and never an issue. I have a set of GM lenses on the way and we'll see if that's the ticket to making them last.

The lights under my tailgate are maxxima led's or something like that.

I'll be at the fair, I'm sure it'll be pretty easy to find either back by the combines, in the pits, or by the dairy barns.

Mine's hard to keep clean also. Hindsight, black was a poor choice when it came to buying a truck that was going to spend it's time on a farm. I can clean it and somehow within 5 minutes it's dirty again and I don't have the slightest clue how.
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2011