1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clean pavement

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Jason762, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Jason762

Jason762 Junior Member
    from CT

Looking for opinions on which brand of plow leaves the cleanest pavement after each pass. Also which on scrapes up hard packed snow the best.

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

It's my understanding that the Fisher X blade has the most aggressive "attack" angle for getting into the snow. Never used one, but it does a great job.

Having heard so many endorsements of Snoway, it sounds like their down pressure works pretty slick.

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

we have hiniker,fisher,boss

the hinikers scrape the best after that the boss then lastly the fisher

i should mention that the hinikers are stragiht blades and our fisher and boss plows are V plows.

all 3 are acceptable though nothing a little salt cant fix :rolleyes:

4. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

Fisher X Blade

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Plain and simple: any plow with down pressure. :nod:

6. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

so u mean anything with the name like CAT D8 or D11

7. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff PlowSite.com Addict

Yep sno-way with the DP works great.

8. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

LMAO .......

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Speaking of Snoway, it's a little quiet without Tom around. There's been a few threads lately, really promoting Snoway, that he would have loved to see.

10. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

the fisher xblades and xtreme V's scrape very good.

11. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

JD we'll just have to PM him the links so he can replie when he return's i guess.

this is turning into another "my plow is better than youre plow" or "this is the best plow because i own one" thread and i don't think that's what the poster wanted

i am going to list the plows i have and out of THOSE the Blizzard is the best scraper just because it is heavier,: western, meyer's, viking, diamond, fisher, northman

the only way a plow will "scrape" better than another plow is:

1. how "sharp" or worn in the cutting edge is (happens within the first 2-4 hours)

2. how heavy the plow is.....wether it be from plow weight or the weight of the snow that is "pushing" downward on the blade itself

now with that being said, teh "attack" angle plays a little factor but mainly because the moldboard is rolled back and it is being pushed down by the snow, i don't know which plow has the best angle of attack (fisher is the only one i know that promotes thiers) and for all i know..they may all have a 75* angle? i don't really know

12. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Liquid Pre Applied. Put it down and you could plow with a 2x4 for a cutting edge.

Second would be salt applied after plowing. Wait 30 minutes and it will be clear.

13. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I agree. We tend to like what we've had good luck with. I like Boss but I don't know if they scrap the best because I havn't tried all the brands, that's why I didn't comment. The blade on Big red weighs 4290 lbs, I'm willing to bet, nothing scrapes better then it. LOL

14. ChevKid03

ChevKid03 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure that ANY that the only thing that is going to make THAT much of a difference is going to be the plow weight vs. the type of snow being plowed and whether it has been driven on yet. I just push it anyway.

15. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

Its not so much the brand of plow, its the angle that the plow pushes at.

16. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

re-reading this i wonder if the Q' he ment to post is

What brand of plow will scrape to bare pavement regardless of storm condition's?

in that case: There is NONE

17. DJ Contracting

DJ Contracting PlowSite.com Addict

NONE OF THEM unless you have an the flattest pavement and that is yet to be found, if you don't salt after and the temps don't get near or above freezing there will alway be some snow left on the pavement, i don't know why i get sucked into reading these threads i think i need more snow.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's ok DJ, he justed ask "the cleanest". Didn't say "to bare blacktop every time in any weather under any conditions". :D

19. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

I'm with stupid :jester:. X-Blade

20. creativedesigns

creativedesigns PlowSite.com Addict

X Bladde for shizzle! :D