1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Clean Hands Profit From Snow/Ice Services

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mike thunder, Jan 7, 2012.

1. mike thunder

mike thunder Senior Member

A top notch operation shows up to your place with a unique offer. They have cutting edge late model equipment, elite infrastructure and sound morals/ethics. They offer you a 7.5% gross commission in exchange for all of your snow/ice management accounts. You retain ownership of all the accounts. When the season is over you go back to your usual operation. You do nothing but allow them access to your snow/ice accounts. They have a rock solid "non-compete/no solicitation" contract to insure your not going to lose your accounts to them. They don't offer lawn/landscape service, nor do they ever want to. They have a guarantee that pays out the entire seasons worth of lawn/landscape service to you for any/all customers that cancel summer service with you because of inadequate service performed by them.
    Voice your opinions.

2. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Subscribed

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

sounds to good to be true,,,whats in it for them/you??

4. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Ok so what are the fine details ???

5. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

Intriguing, I wanna here more too.

6. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

If I understand this correctly you are saying they will give you $7,500.00 for every $100,000.00 worth of work. I wouldn't sell my contracts that cheap. So you get it all back next year, what do you do with all your equipment this year. That's cheap IMO.

7. dieselss

what if something happens to them/equip. are you going to have to go out there and finish?
    are your clients going to contact you or them if something goes wrong???
    still sounds fishy???

8. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Where is the liability? Sounds interesting though.

9. cwby_ram

cwby_ram Senior Member

I agree, fishy. Unique though.

10. Italiano67

Italiano67 Senior Member

How do they know you price out your jobs to even make 7.5 % profit?? Sounds like they are desperate for work. I wouldnt touch that deal. They could screw up all your business relations and the accounts might not be back.

11. dieselss

how do you know that there not just gunna go behind your back next year and lowball you for the same accounts

12. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Why don't this company just hire a sales guy to go out and get work for them and pay a commission on it?

13. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

This would not be for me.

14. procut

procut Senior Member

Strikes me as something that could go badly quite easily.

15. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

are they from Nigeria??

16. Pristine PM ltd

hahaha, the concept has to many flaws, If it worked perfectly, I would be tempted!

17. mike thunder

You would get a share (7.5%) for doing nothing but allow them to perform winter services to your customers.
    They get to provide your customers a service for a profit (business 101). Customers they otherwise would not have access to because they don't/won't offer summer services.

18. mike thunder

The fine details look just like all of our contracts. It contains all the basics like insurance, scope, etc;.

19. Pristine PM ltd

why now? Why were they not talking to you in July?

20. mike thunder

Yes. You're not selling them, but rather leasing or renting them out. Your equipment can sit or be sold, you won't need it, making the 7.5% 90% profit. You can sign a multi-year deal as well and not have to worry about snow ops for three or five years.