1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Classic Mount VS. EZ Plus Pros and Cons

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Nov 8, 2011.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I currently have a Classic (tube style) setup on my '99 F250 Superduty. It has the E60 pump and a C8 blade. I have the opportunity to upgrade my setup to a complete plow that has the EZ plus type mount with an 8 foot poly blade and the E58H pump. Basically, what are the strengths and weaknesses of each mounting system and the parts involved.

2. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

I can only speak for the classic tube setup, but it doubles as a great mounting point for my Bull Bar and cooler/fishing rod mounts off season. The flexibility is really great and parts are Hella-Plentifull on craigslist.

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

One you own and know, one you have to pay for and hope it works.

4. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

You guys are both correct. Actually, I have already bought it and got a pretty good deal. So basically it is down to which one do I sell.

5. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Stick'em both on the market at a healthy price and sell the one that goes first?

6. supercuts

supercuts Senior Member

night and day easier hook up on the ez plus. lifts higher, lowers lower. all pros, the only con is sticking with meyer!! you will need to change the frame mount on the truck. if your ok with that, its a no brainer if the cost is low. save your old pump for a spare because meyer pumps always let you down in a storm