1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Classic mount question

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snowdays, Aug 30, 2009.

1. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a friend that is looking for a classic mount for his Superduty. There apparently are two available depending on spring code. The part #'s are 17112 and 17113. He has found a mount but there are no stickers or markings on it to indicate a part #. The only info the seller has is that it was on a '99 and up Superduty. Am I guessing correct that the heavier spring code would set the truck up and therefore the mount needs to be taller. Does anyone have a known mount they could measure? Thanks for any help.
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I believe you are correct in your assumptions the one for the X code springs is taller than the standard model, Either one will physically fit, it's just how much the drop or raise in height will affect the atack angle on your plow when it is attached.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What year superduty?

don't know if this will help but here's the install sheets.

17113 mount
    http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/17113 Mtg. 1-716 R4.pdf

http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/17112 Mtg. 1-715 R4.pdf
  4. RickInTennessee

RickInTennessee Junior Member
    from Indiana

I have a F-450 Ford EZ Meyer mount that came off of a 96 for sale if youre interested...my # 931-397-0789
  5. MKC

MKC Junior Member

From the Meyers instruction 99 and later F250-F350 Superduty the mounting carton P/N is 17112. I have this mount, minus hardware. It came from a 03 F350 Super Duty. I need to trade it for a 17111 mounting carton for my 01 Silverado 2500 HD. My dealer in Washington state said it was nearly $800 for the carton. My e-mail is thomas.g.thrush@uscg.mil, or 907.228.6423.
  6. broncscott

broncscott Member

I have both mounts. the difference is 13/4" in hight
  7. snowdays

snowdays Senior Member
    from Ohio

What are the two heights? That way I have a reference. I assume the shorter one is for the lighter springs. Thanks.
  8. broncscott

broncscott Member

The mount on the floor is the taller one. Had it mounted on my daughters 2000 F350 with stock worn out springs and it was pretty low. I am going to put it on a Friends lifted F350. The mount on the truck is the shorter mount. I will ad another kink to super duty mounts. I bought the last one that is pictured thinking it fit a super duty but was wrong. the bolt pattern is right and it almost bolts up but hits the radiator and the two receiver tubes are to high to let the bumper bolt on. Have not been able to find any Meyer manuals that show this mount. Good luck, Scott