1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

clarification please!!!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Bronco1, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Bronco1

Bronco1 Junior Member

After reading alot of threads I have some questions. After bench filling or bottle drawing the new fluid into the angle ram, you only do ONE right? (drivers side on Meyers) joint rams together to push fluid to opposite ram THEN filling the lift pump tp 1.5" from the top. Does the pump fluid ever go to the rams? How does any trapped air get out of the rams? I ask because the pump has the only relief valve on top. (E-47) Also how do you adjust the crossover relief pressure without gages? The closest service center is 56 miles away. prsport New to plowing and trying to educate myself:dizzy: Through YOU!!:drinkup::nod: THANKS FOR ANY INFO

2. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Once you empty the system just fill thru the pump. The fluid will be pumped to the rams. Cycle the plow left and right till it runs smooth. Top off fluid in pump and you should be set. Any air will bleed out the vent.

3. Bronco1

Bronco1 Junior Member

Thanks for the info. What about adjusting the pressure?

4. Bowtieguy

Bowtieguy Member
    from CT

Unless your having some other problems with the pump it should be fine once you flush and fill the system. I don't have enough experience to advise you about pressure issues. Also when you flush the system there are 2 bolts (other than the drain plug)at the bottom of the pump(in front) Take them off and there is a screen/filter behind each one. Make sure you clean them off and just re-install. You can use kerosene to clean them.If you are having more issues post in the Meyer forum and you will get more responses.
    Good luck!