1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CL Find- tractor with potential OR not???

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by forestfireguy, Jan 24, 2011.

1. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Would this be a good unit to add a rear inverted blower and a small pusher ?

I don't know the first thing about tractors, but I do know I'm VERY impressed with the Niege video I saw, we have a very tight geography, and at $50 and 2-3 mins per driveway we could be making great money and blowing ALL of the resi plow guys out of the water.

I'm just sayin.........

NOT real serious here, but trying to get a little education so next year when the residential question comes up again for the tenth time we have another option to consider.

sale-suesd-2178231846@craigslist.org

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Link is no good.

3. pmorrissette

pmorrissette Senior Member

i found it:

http://newjersey.craigslist.org/bfs/2178231846.html

nice machine...rear tires just about shot, new ones can be pricey...biggest drawback is NO CAB...blowing a lot of residential accounts with that thing is gonna get real old real fast when you or your operator are freezing your azz off...for driveways it will need a reversible blade...drive in, drop blade and reverse it, pull out, repeat for entire width of driveway, then blow all the snow onto the front lawn.

heated cab (used) with front & rear wipers: +/- $1,000.00
    reversible front plow (used): +/- $1,000.00
    72" rear pto blower (used) with hydraulic controls: $3,000.00+

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  4. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

Guys-

I realize the need for a cab, I wouldn't put a guy out on an OROPS machine.

As far as the reversible plow thing, I recall the Niege video seeing a rear mount inverted blower, thus eliminating the need for the plow.

I'm not looking to buy this machine now, I'm kicking around the possibility for next year.