1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CJ7 with Meyers 6.5

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by Detroitdan, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Looking at an 86 CJ7 with an old Meyers on it. 258 six with auto trans. Any thoughts on this setup? I believe it's a Chrysler trans that year. Would rather have a stick, but the price may be right and an auto is actually easier to plow with, IMO.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

I find a stick easier to plow with!

3. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

Why is that? What do you like about it. My first plow truck was a 79 GMC 1/2 ton with an SM465, I found it to be a lot slower and kind of tiring. I didn't do much plowing then but I changed it to an auto anyway.

4. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

With a blade full of snow or pulling up to a garage door on fresh snow with an auto you step on the gas the engine speeds up but no movement so you step further.. and further then the truck shoots forward (or backward) witch is not a problem in parking lots. I plow driveway where its very restricted.

5. sparky747

sparky747 Junior Member
    from 53228

Where can air shocks for front of CJ-7 be purchased? I want them to offset weight of a plow.