1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CJ plow to 87 Wrangler

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by WeaponSeller, Nov 13, 2016.

1. WeaponSeller

WeaponSeller Junior Member

im sure this has been discussed but I'm a bit stuck for time so I thought I'd just ask. Going to look at a CJ with a plow set up on it and wondering if it will fit my 87 YJ 4.2L 5 speed. If anyone has any insight it would be appreciated.

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave 2000 Club Member

What year CJ?

3. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Not without some custom mount work. the frames are very different

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

CJ7 and YJ frames are not that different, A wrangler body will bolt right up to a CJ7 for the most part. Only two body mount point need to be altered.

5. gunsworth

gunsworth Senior Member

They are quite different. The body mounts line up but the yj frame is much wider. But wouldn't take too much to widen the old mount... I am selling a yj western mount if interested

6. rcer

rcer Junior Member

I moved my 78 meyer to my 94 yj by purchasing the mounting kit for the jeep itself. however I did remove the short angle supports and instead ran heavy angles under the axle back to the frame behind the spring mounts. That was in 1997. That unit still exists, but the jeep is shot. Decided to put a Snowdogg on my 95 yj