1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

CJ plow setup - going on a 02 TJ

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by treegump, Sep 15, 2008.

1. treegump

treegump Junior Member

How do I do it? I was told that there would need to be some frame modifications...has anyone done it? I have a buddy wanting a snow plow for his stock 2002 TJ (I think he's planning on putting bigger tires on it...possibly a lift-but not huge). I know another guy that has a plow fabbed up for a cj. Anyone ever do this?

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

aaaaa what brand of plow? I got my Fisher truckside mount (along with the plow) from Fisher for my 00 TJ

3. treegump

treegump Junior Member

ooops. sorry about that. Its a meyer ST-90 .

4. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have a CJ with meyer plow on it. I don't think this can be done. If I remember your front pumpkin is on the drivers side and a CJ is on the passengers side. You would be better off going to Meyer and buying a truck mount. The pump mount might work, not sure. I think the frame rail is wider on a TJ than a CJ. Do some quick measuring to make sure. If you are a good fabricator than anything could work.

5. '76cj5

'76cj5 Member

Yes the TJ frame is much wider than a CJ frame.