1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

City's snow clearing budgets

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by adan, Dec 27, 2010.

1. adan

adan Member

Huge numbers $$$$$$ in city snow clearing budget, anyone got any numbers from what there city officals put a side each year in the budget?

2010 Winnipeg, Manitoba was $37 Million, population 600000
    2010 Toronto, Ontario $80 Million population

2. tailboardtech

tailboardtech Senior Member

if memory serves me ours is about 22 million i do know last year we were over an additional 36 million due to the December and February blizzards

3. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

The town i live in and plow fors budget is huge (LMAO) $5,000 and no i didnt miss a zero its only 500 people. Lets see someone beat that!lol

4. tailboardtech

out of curiosity how often are they over budget?

5. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

ive done it for 5 years now and they have never gone over budget yet came close but never over. They guy that calls me when they want it done keeps a very close eye on where there at budget wise.

6. tailboardtech

i guess they can get it right our county is over every year never fails lol

7. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

It gets old getting a call after every snow wanting to know how many hours it took this time though.

8. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

New York City allots 1 million per inch of snow. So the last storm at 12 inches would have been 12 million.

9. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

Our small unincorporated township budgets $60000 per year.

'07/'08 season about $100K actual

'08/'09 season about $100K actual

'09/'10 season about $65K actual

All of these figures are available upon request by making an "open record request" from the town clerk.