1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Cityboy Needing Help

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by mmoore, Oct 18, 2009.

1. mmoore

mmoore Junior Member
    from Maine

I live in Maine and get 80 inches a year. We have a 300 ft driveway with a moderate hill. I own a 2007 Chevy Silverado 4WD and looking to buy a plow to do my driveway only. I was looking at the SnowSport personal utility plow. Can I attach/disconnect myself or will I need help? My wife will be watching my struggles. Should I get an angled blade plow? I am looking to spend $1,500 max as I can get it done for $400-500 a year. Any help would be appreciated.

Michael

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

A used plow, with power angle. Yes you can mount it with one person. The Fisher MMII is easy, The Boss smart hitch II is very easy to mount/dismount. (I have both plows)

3. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Ya, your better off with a used plow an 8' Fisher MM1, MM2, or a Boss trip edge would work good for you IMO.

4. mercer_me

Sorry I miss read what you wrote I thought you said you had a Chevy Silverado 2500HD. If you have a 1500 you should get a 7.5' plow, but if you have a 2500HD you should get an 8' or bigger plow IMO.

5. mmoore

mmoore Junior Member
    from Maine

I have a 1500 and am looking for plows in Uncle Henry. Some of the ads say fits Chevys years 86-99. How do you know if it will fit your trick other than going by what the ad says?

6. mercer_me

You could buy just about any plow, but the push plates probaly won't fit your truck. What you have to do is buy push plates that fit your truck and the plow you bought. For example if you bought a 7.5' Fisher MM1 that came off a 1996 Chevy 1500 you would have to go to your local Fisher dealer and buy new push plates that fit you 2007 Chevy 1500.

7. mmoore

mmoore Junior Member
    from Maine

Thanks. I just talked to someone with a 2006 7 1/2' Fisher MMII (hand control) for $2900. His willing to share the cost of buying new push plates. Similar new plows are in the $4,000-4,500 to the dealers I spoke with so it looks alright but there is always a catch.