1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

City requirements re Hauling snow to Public parks /areas

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JCurtis, Feb 20, 2003.

1. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Was just curious as to how many of us who have to haul snow off our sites run into weird city requirements /regulations dictating how when and where we can dump snow.

Tell me some of your weirdest experiences.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2003
  2. chrisby316

chrisby316 Senior Member

I saw a guy the other night haulling snow and dumping it in the high school parking lot. I knew he wasn't supposed to do it so i turned off my lights after i made sure he saw me then he killed his lights and took off so i couldn't get his plate.

I was laughing pretty hard.

3. Temco

Temco Member

Around here, you can't dump on city property unless your hauling for the city and never ever ever can you dump into a pond, river, stream, brook or anywhere considered conservation area.

4. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I seem to remember another thread that said even if you were hauling from one end of a property to another to dump, you were subject to DEP regulations.

5. 66Construction

66Construction Senior Member

The city here dumps right into the good old Hudson. The probably figure they can't hurt it. We dump all our snow on private property. I'd love to have acess to the river!!
    casey