1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

City Permits for Plowing

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by First Responder, Feb 10, 2014.

1. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Just wanted to find out how many out there pull permits in every city you plow in?
  2. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Not necessary in any of the towns I work in.
  3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Never new there was such a thing. Not here.
  4. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Maybe it's just a Michigan thing? To be completely honest, it's a great concept. Have to show proof of gl insurance, lists of trucks (w/plate#),ect. Basically make sure a legitimate operation....which is great....but....at anywhere $35.00 & up for each city gets to be quiet expensive. I would have no issues purchasing these, but my gripe is that there is no one to enforce/check trucks. I pass police/city D P W vehicles, shoot, even had coffee at the Local Hortons with them. Most local officers had told me, we just don't have the resources to issue tickets to snow plow drivers regarding permits. Needless to say I have not purchased one single permit this year. I guess roll the dice and get maybe get a spanking! Just was wondering if other areas required this or just S E MI.
  5. MR. Elite

MR. Elite Senior Member
    from E Town

I have never heard of such a thing!?? They deff don't require permits in illinois.
  6. Fourbycb

Fourbycb Senior Member

The City of Marion here in Iowa started the Plow Permit Thing here 2 years ago . I dont Plow in that town and dont plan on it anytime soon