1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

City or Contractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by shooterm, Dec 15, 2010.

1. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I take care of a apartment for my old boss. The apartment is a pretty easy 30mins of snowblowing mainly because of the walks. I clear the driveway with the skid on the way to few downtown jobs works real good. So we get the big snow event in MN and someone is pushing snow into my pedramp. I understand the city has to find a place for the snow but this is excessive. Its now 10ft tall snowstack covering half the stop sign. To the right of the pedramp is a Fire Hydrant. I always keep clear and theres now a snow stack on top of it. Someone pushed snow from the intersection into the pedramp. I really cant imagine the city workers are that stupid considering there about to breakoff the hydrant and cant see the stop sign now. I'm also wondering why it would be contractor because it would take them time to truck stack this. Anyways it **** out my snowblower and I get really pissed about it considering I'm getting six hour breaks between my regular snowplowing gig.