1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

city of akron snow removal

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by FuturePilot4u, Jan 13, 2012.

1. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

Roads are unreasonable bad. Not a truck in site. No salting. This city continues to drop the ball every storm over 2 inches of snow. Grid lock in freeways and every other road. Sick of it

2. greg8872

greg8872 Member

I heard that about Brimfield too. Hope they get it cleared, today is my mom's birthday and she insists on going to Red Lobster for lunch. Grew up in Stow, was spoiled with good roads.

3. pabaker66

pabaker66 Senior Member

I have been in Richfield, Breaksville, Macedonia, Northfield, Peninsula, Hudson, Cuyahoga Falls and Bath this morning and they are all a mess!!!!!

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I lived in Akron for 35 years, glad to see nothings changed.

5. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

i would have to agree, stow-monroe falls area has some of the best i have scean, then drive to akron and its gridlock on i76 and every other road

6. RepoMan1968

RepoMan1968 Senior Member

7. greg8872

greg8872 Member

The only time I hated the clean roads was as a kid when still had to go to school! LOL

I talked to my cousin yesterday, he lives down in green, has an office in tallmadge. Took him 2 hours to get from Arlington/I77 to Gilcrest/I76 (and he got off 77 at 224)

-Greg

8. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises Member

Off topic here, but does anyone have any info good or bad in regard to Park Ford in Tallmadge? Close to buying a used truck....

9. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

The real question is...How do so many plowers have time to post on Plowsite when the rest of us were out working all day & night??? Do you guys run dispatch or something?

10. FuturePilot4u

FuturePilot4u Member

i say that same thing but on lawnsite

11. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

bahaha but I think akron and cleveland are the sameway they just let it snow and then clean it up a week later or let it melt,

12. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I've always found it interesting that a city, county, or state can manage snow and ice any way they want, meaning despite accidents, injuries, and fatalities are never blamed on lack of service. The news/media always just says," the roads were bad and there was a roll over, people died, and oh by the way, the county has now dispatched the plow/salt trucks"

13. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

City do put a plan in place it goes Mains, secondarys, then subs. and That plan would be decided by the council a bunch of idiots that know nothing about snow removal. But theres no accountabillity because if you slide off the ride or crash your at fault. I mean even if u slide off an ice hill or something cause it wasnt treated ur still at faut. big scam i guess

14. greg8872

greg8872 Member